Private investment activity and corporate mergers and acquisitions (M&A) continue to eclipse records in the healthcare and life science industries. As deal activity rises, competition for investments is growing fierce.
This intense competition for assets, coupled with tight buy-side timelines and complex deal evaluations, requires a sophisticated advisory partner.
Kx Advisors brings deep healthcare subject matter expertise, data-driven insights, quantitative rigor, and fast-paced and responsive client service to all our acquisition and partnering work.
How we support our investor
The Kx Advisors team applies decades of experience in buy-side investment support across all four of our core business verticals: pharmaand biotech, medical devices, diagnostics and life sciences, and health IT and digital health.
For financial and strategic investors, we offer services appropriate for all timelines and scopes, from quick-turn commercial due diligence (CDD) projects to multi-phase market landscaping, target identification, and M&A advisory engagements.
Our detailed capabilities include:
Target identification and screening
- Develop financial and business profiles
- Develop investment criteria
- Refine and finalize investment thesis
- Screen to focus on “short list” opportunities
- Business model stability
- Market definition: size, growth, and share analysis
- Threshold questions
- Value proposition assessment
Commercial due diligence
- Brand equity and customer satisfaction
- Competitive landscape analysis
- Market opportunity assessment (US, EMEA, APAC, LATAM)
- Regulatory and reimbursement landscape
- Resiliency and risk of disruption
- Revenue forecasts
- Synergy valuation
Post-acquisition value creation
- Corporate and franchise planning
- Integration planning
- Market expansion and forecasting
- New product planning
Benefit from our investor advisory
Kx partners with investors at private equity (PE), growth equity, and traditional and corporate venture capital (VC) funds, and with industry leaders and “strategics” in corporate development, business development (BD), and M&A functions.
We have detailed category experience in our core industry verticals:
- Diagnostics and life sciences
- Health IT and digital health
- Medical devices
- Pharma and biotech